Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quilt Pattern

This is a quilt pattern created from six different images. The quilt pattern was created in Photoshop where each image received some kind of distortion. The distorted images were placed on a preexisting quilt pattern and overlayed to give the pattern a quilted effect. When i was first choosing the images i knew i wanted to have a dark background and bright foreground. I believed the colors of the green and golden yellow would compliment one another because they are adjacent on the color wheel. I also felt that these colors on a grayed background would make them stand out. I believe if i were to do this design again i would try and line the images up better. This way all the corners would connect and create straight lines. This was one of the first designs i created in Photoshop and believe it helped me get to know the program a little better. I have currently been using Photoshop more frequently and hope my next creations show my skill development.

No comments:

Post a Comment