Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Textile Pattern

This is an image of a textile pattern I created. The textile has a personal correlation with my heritage and relates to the Sioux Indian Tribe. After doing research I concluded that eagle feathers, buffalo and the prairie grass the Sioux lived on in South Dakota were the most important. These images then became my inspiration of the design. The process involved the use of Photoshop to crop out the images and to distort the background of the grass to make the textile more interesting. InDesign was also used to create a multiple block pattern giving the effect of repetition of the images. Over all i like the textile i created. I believe one of the strengths in this textile is that the background blends together. One thing I could improve on would be to enhance the foreground images to make the piece more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment