Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home Office and Pattern Application


Pattern Application:
When applying my pattern to an object other than a textile, I wanted to focus on a use that could be applied to my design for the depot. This is why I choose examples of a light fixture, a mirror, and a wall covering. For the depot, I choose the wall covering because I beleive it made more of a statement in the space. I used it as the focal point in the entry. If doing this again, I might try and apply my pattern to something more unusual for a pattern to appear on, such as a light fixture.
Home Office:
When designing the home office, I wanted to make a statment about the concept used in the rest of the depot. To create the the structural element I incorportated scrap copper piping to be used as slats between the office and the entryway. The curved countertop expressed the organic lines found in the urinal from the train station. If doing this again, I would try to add more storage space, such as overhead canbinetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment