Friday, February 26, 2010

Module To Concept Model









The concept model was created from the parti and the textile. Both of these show unity through the use of organic curves and a structured grid. The concept model was applied in the same way. A structural grid acted as a base layer of the model, just as it did in the gridded background of the textile. It was painted brown to mimic the look of reclaimed wood, which is similar to the colors found in the textile and the parti. An organic curved shape was created on top of the grid base to incorporate the feminine organic curves found in the parti and the textile. This shape was created out of metal so it could easily be manipulated and also to incorporate the reflective quality found in porcelain. My concept model exceeded my expectations. I think that the material I used directly related to the colors used in the textile and my inspiration object. If I was able to do it again, I would use a different technique for the metal pieces. When doing this model, I spray painted the copper onto silver metal first then cut it into the organic shape. In the future I would cut the shapes out first and then spray paint it. This is because when cutting the metal, parts of the spray paint chipped off. Spray painting the metal after cutting it would have cut the number of coats I would have had to apply to create an even and smooth surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment