Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mine, Yours, & Ours








The objective of this project was to create a child's room for twins that were at the present time 5 years of age and will have the same room until they were around 12 years old. The challenge was to be able to design a room that would grow with the children. My concept came from the texture i found in the book and also with movement. I also focused mostly on one specific aspect asked by the client that I thought to be most important, which was the ability for the twins to have their own space when needed. To do this i used a curtain to divide the room down the middle so each would have their own bed closet and desk while separated. The curtain also obtained to the concept of movement through the space. I think i was successful at creating my concept and applying it to every aspect of the project, including the presentation. My board is set up like a game board and includes playing pieces. Each twin gets to move their piece to each square. Here I will explain what each square represents for the client. This presentation continues to fit with the idea of movement and will also hold the attention of the twins. I think i could work on scaling down my perspective drawing. That way it would fit better with the rest of the items on the board. The perspective took over the attention of the board by filling the most space.




No comments:

Post a Comment